It’s Time Enter the 2016 First Chapter Writing Contest
April 10, 2016
IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN TO ANNOUNCE the second annual First Chapter Writing Competition open to authors worldwide. The Contest is sponsored by the East Texas Writers Guild, and the idea is to give authors a valuable way and valuable new tools to promote and showcase their books..
The entry fee is only $15
Winners will be announced at the ETWG Writers Conference on July 9. You don’t have to register for or attend the workshop to enter. Winners will be notified the next day.
Complete details and contest rules can be found here.
PayPal payment information for entries can be found here.
FINAL DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2016.
Because of its success last year, the First Chapter Writing Competition is greatly expanding its opportunities for authors, offering badges in two distinct categories for five different genres.
BADGES WILL BE AWARDED for First Place, Second Place, and Three Finalists will be awarded in each of these genres. And that gives you more chances of winning.
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Historical Fiction
Writing Competition Categories.
- Category Iis for novels published between January 1, 20145 and June 1, 2016. A total of 25 badges will be awarded.
- Category IIis for novels that have not yet been published or accepted for publication. A total of 25 badges will be awarded.
- You can only submit one entry per category, but you can enter both categories.
- Each entry, however, requires a $15 submission fee.
Badges for Promotion
- You can place the digital badges on your book covers and promote them as national award winners.
- Or, you can print the digital badges and place them on your paperback or hardcover books, giving them a promotional boost.
- If you win an award for an unpublished book, you will have the digital badge already on hand to help in your marketing launch when the book is published and released.
- The East Texas Writer’s Guild will provide book reviews on Amazon for the top three winners in each category.
- The winners and finalists will all have their books showcased individually on Caleb and Linda Pirtle, our Website that’s read by 20,000 to 30,000 visitors each month. On the site, each book will be linked directly to Amazon.
The contest doesn’t require a lot of work.
All you have to do is submit a Word document of the first chapter of either a published or unpublished book. We are looking for an entry between 1,000 and 1,500 words of the first chapter.
The Writing Competition will utilize the blind judging method to select winners.
Writers will not know the names of the judges.
Judges will not have access to the names of writers submitting their first chapters.
My wife and I are in charge of the judging.
We’re both authors.
We know how important blind judging is to authors.
We’ll make sure it’s fair.
Neither of us will enter.
So go ahead.
Give your book a chance to be a winner.